Thursday, March 11, 2010

Influence: The Best the Internet has to Offer

My recent conversations with friends have centered around the "best" items on the Internet. Stating the obvious... we are truly in the Information Age.  Hey Mr. Huxley, it is a Brave New World, but not quite like the one you envisioned - not yet at least - not ever, I hope. We have so much to choose from. Who has time to sift through all of this information? Whether you acknowledge it or not, you have some influence among those close to you. My advice to you... Use your influence. Tell everyone about the best the Internet has to offer or the best customer service you have received in awhile. We are all dying to know about the best things in life. Why? So we can all find the good stuff quickly. Life's too short to be slowed down with the not-so-good stuff.

Technorati  has a list of the best blogs on the Internet based upon various statistics, but nothing beats a good friend's recommendation.  These mathematical rankings never quite work, just ask anyone that follows college football about the BCS standings.  I think only one blog that I read is in the Technorati 100.  For the record, I really appreciate the information received from the 10 or 20 less popular blogs that gain my regular attention.   
Here's to happier more efficient browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment